Manufacturing and related businesses have significant impacts on the environment. Therefore preserving the environment and sustainability are important parts of our corporate philosophy.
Our Environmental Guidelines
- Constant improvement of the conservation with the help of an environmental management system,
- Environmental awareness as part of the daily business,
- Training and further education in environmentally relevant departments,
- Environmental compliance as well as future-oriented actions,
- Development of rational devices for an effective in-house collaboration,
- Advisory function of the “working group of environment” concerning conservation of natural resources, energy saving and eco friendliness as a part of planning new equipment or construction schemes,
- Respect of environmental influences with utmost care by obtaining supplies.
To fulfil these guidelines it is necessary to start at the beginning: the whole supply chain is monitored and sustainability is one of the main criteria we work with. We employ as much recycled cardboard as possible. Another example is palm oil: the expansion of the production causes a lot of damage in the tropics and becomes a major concern for the environment in this area. For example Brüggen joined the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (www.rspo.org) which promotes the sustainable production of palm oil. Furthermore we try to replace that critical raw material by alternatives.
ISO 50001 – Energy Management
Using energy efficiently is helping to conserve resources and tackle climate change. With the development of the energy management system, ISO 50001 supports us in all sectors to use energy more efficiently.
Reducing CO2 emissions and energy consumption
During the last years the CO2-emmissions per production unit consequently decreased. The new building in Hafenstraße includes not only increased production capacity but also reductions in energy consumption. Thanks to mode additional reductions in electricity use. Further cost reductions, environmental protection and significantly reduced CO2 emissions are achieved through additional insulation and a sophisticated ventilation system.